Short-term visits (less than 3 months)

The University of Tyumen regularly invites international specialists to various events - conferences, analytical sessions and much more. To make the process of travelling to Russia easier, we recommend getting a humanitarian visa. 

Why do I need a humanitarian visa?

Firstly, it is guaranteed that you get it. Unlike tourist visas, humanitarian visas are given based on official invitations from organizations and are issued without hesitation.

Secondly, it is easier to get it. The University takes responsibility for your residence and your migration registration, which takes worrying about hotel bookings and confirmation documents out of the picture.

How do I get a humanitarian visa?

For that, you would need an invitation letter from the University.
  1. Fill in our online application form
  2. We send you a scan of the invitation and the original invitation, if needed;
  3. Bring the invitation along with other required documents to the chosen Consulate of Russia and get your visa.
The aim of your visit depends on the event you are attending. It can be:
  • scientific-technical relations
  • youth relations
  • cultural relations
This information comes in handy when you apply for a visa at the Consulate or an agency.

How soon will I get the invitation?

  • It takes up to 5 days to issue an invitation for citizens of the USA, EU countries, China, Brazil, Chile, Iran, etc.
  • For all the other countries it takes 40 days to issue an invitation.
NB! The process of issuing the invitation starts when your visit is officially approved by the University management.

How long can I stay in Russia?

Humanitarian visas can last for up to 3 months. Usually, the visa expiration dates coincide with the event's dates.

There are exceptions to this rule based on agreements between Russia and a number of countries.

Do I need to do anything else when I arrive?

It depends on where you stay and for how long.
  • If you are visiting Russia for less than 7 days and live in a hotel, then you do not need to do anything else concerning your migration status.
  • If you are visiting Russia for more than 7 days and/or live in the University dormitory, then you would need to come to the Migration and Visa Support Office for migration registration. More on the registration process: click here.

We wish you a pleasant and fruitful trip to the University of Tyumen!

Apply now