Regional Institute for International CooperationREGIONAL INSTITUTE FOR INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION
Regional Institute for International Cooperation
University of Tyumen
10, Semakova Street
625003, Tyumen, RUSSIA
23 Lenina Str.,
007 (3452) 45 57 04
007 (3452) 45 50 86
|Fax||007 (3452) - 45 57 03|
|Processes of globalization have illustrated the interconnectedness of the world and accentuated the need for cooperation in facing economic, environmental and cultural challenges. Development of business and cultural links requires a high level of competence and awareness of the international business and legal contexts, as well as of cross-cultural differences.|
Regional Institute for International Cooperation (RIIC) was opened on March 18, 2004 at University of Tyumen in partnership with Tyumen Regional Authorities with the aim of contributing to the economic and social development of the Tyumen Region by facilitating its international collaboration.
The mission of RIIC as seen by its team is to become a «meeting point» for everybody interested in mutual understanding and beneficial international cooperation by:
- Providing training and consultancy;
- Developing and implementating international projects in academic, business and cultural areas;
- Providing administrative support to Russian and foreign companies, funds and associations in organizing publicity campaigns, cultural, academic and business exchanges, training and development, establishing partnership as well as in other international cooperation activities.
Regional Institute for International Cooperation includes:
Training and Consultancy Unit
proficiency development courses and seminars for businessmen and representatives of administrative bodies in the area of international cooperation;
- re-training courses for translators and interpreters;
- business cooperation database;
- information and advice on legal, financial and intercultural aspects of international collaboration;
- translation of documents
- interpreting services
- language courses in English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Japanese and also Russian as a foreign language in accordance with international standards and requirements;
- professional development courses for university and school teachers.
- a preparatory course for foreigners who want to study at a Russian university but need to improve their academic Russian (one-semester or two-semester courses);
- a 4-week course for overseas students and professionals who require a combination of General Russian and Academic Russian, as well as an opportunity to enjoy a lively social and cultural programme.