UT found to be among the best Russian universities in two subject rankings
The Analytical Center "Expert" compiled its first subject ranking of Russian universities, measuring the performance of more than 80 universities throughout the country.
According to the Center's experts, applicants - both in Russia and abroad - tend to choose not so much the university, as, more often, their future field of study.
So far there has been no university ranking available that accounted for the position of universities in the subject areas. The present ranking finally fills that void.
From what thereof follows, the University of Tyumen has been ranked among the best universities in the country in the areas of "Life Sciences" and "Humanities", having publications in these subject areas in the most prestigious academic journals.
The Humanities are taught at UT at the following faculties:
• The Finance and Economic Institute ("Management", "Sociology", "Economic Security");
• The Institute of State and Law ("Law", "State and municipal management", "Customs", "Legal provision of national security");
• Institute of Philology and Journalism ("Journalism", "Media communications");
• Institute of History and Political Science ("International Relations");
• Institute of Earth Sciences ("Service", "Tourism");
• Institute of Psychology and Pedagogy ("Psychology", "Teacher Training", "Special (defectological) education").
Life sciences are taught at the Institute of Biology ("Biology").
The main criteria used for compiling the rating were similar to those used by international rating agencies.
When calculating the University rating position its performance is assessed basing on three categories: quality of growth, efficiency of research, the scale and sustainability of research.