Day at the School of Advanced Studies (SAS)
On December 22, 2019 we invite interested applicants and their parents to spend a day at the School of Advanced Studies (SAS).
SAS is fundamentally new research and educational unit of UTMN and the most international baccalaureate in Russia that provides the best students with access to a world-class education.
Day at SAS will begin with a lecture by SAS director Andrey Shcherbenok entitled “University: Tradition and Personal Development in the Digital Age”. After this, two slots of 45-minute classes will be held by SAS professors. 5 classes will run in parallel, you will be able to choose the most interesting to you.
In parallel with classes, applicants’ parents will have the opportunity to ask questions about admission and education at SAS to director Andrey Shcherbenok and head of education Daniel Kontowski.
The day will end with a meeting with SAS students where you will have the ability to chat with them in an informal atmosphere.
(changes are possible in the program)
10.30–11.00 — Registration
11.00–12.30 — Andrey Shcherbenok — University: Tradition and Personal Development in the Digital Age
12.30–13.00 — Coffee break
- Peter Jones — A History of Paradise
- Munesh Chauhan — Parallel Сomputing: The Way Forward
- Julie Reshe — Learning to Learn: Tips To Learn Better
- David Dusseault — The World to Come? Prepping for an Uncertain Future.
- Anne Mulhall — Fragility and Resilience in Contemporary Culture
- Zachary Reyna — Apocalypse, Utopia, and Critical Thinking
- Juliette Colinas — Is Evolution Only Driven by Natural Selection?
- Tomasz Blusiewicz — When Did Money Begin to Matter?
- David Melbye — Short Film Analysis
- Michael Schapira — Should Animals Have Rights?
15.00–17.00 —New Year's Eve mini party with SAS students
Venue – 8 Marta St, 2/1, School of Advanced Studies (SAS), Tyumen State University
In order to participate in the event, you must register here.
Open Day – Online
You will have the opportunity to ask questions to SAS director Andrey Shcherbenok during his presentation and get advice from students and SAS staff via the hotline during the Open Day. To connect to the live broadcasting of the meeting and receive notification of its start follow the link.