From 1950, Dr. Gennady Kutsev worked as a shepherd on a Soviet collective farm, a worker in a repair and construction crew, and a mica cutter at a Mica factory. In 1956 he graduated from high school.
In 1961 he graduated with honors from the agronomical faculty of Irkutsk Agricultural Institute.
In 1961-1963, he served as chief agronomist of the Lenin banner collective farm (Znamya Lenina) (Irkutsk Oblast).
In 1963 - 1969, while in the Komsomol, Kutsev served as the Regional Committee Secretary of The All-Union Leninist Young Communist League, a responsible organizer of Central Committee of The All-Union Leninist Young Communist League, and the first secretary of Irkutsk Regional committee of Komsomol.
In 1969, he finished his postgraduate course in Irkutsk State University and defended his dissertation for the Candidate of Philosophical Science degree.
Since 1970, Kutsev has served as a head teacher, an associate professor of the philosophy department as well as dean of the faculty of Irkutsk Pedagogical Institute of Foreign Languages.
Since 1976, he has also served as the head of the philosophy department at Krasnoyarsk State University and Vice Rector for Academic Work. In 1981-1987, he served as the UTMN rector.
In 1987, Kutsev worked as the Deputy Minister of higher and secondary professional education of the RSFSR, and in 1988, he served as the USSR State Committee deputy chairman for public education, while simultaneously managing the department of philosophy and sociology of Moscow Timiryazev Agricultural Academy.
Since 1992, he worked as the University of Tyumen rector, president (since 2007), and research supervisor (since October 2012). Gennady Kutsev is a chairman of Tyumen Regional Department of the Academy of Social Sciences as well as a chairman of the Social Council of the Department of Education and Science of the Tyumen Oblast.
On February 26, 2015, he was elected a member of the Russian Academy of Education.
● Pedagogical innovation theory, distance learning, IT usage in professional education;
● Methodological and organizational integration bases of institutions of professional education of different levels, network principles of their interaction;
● Methodological approaches to forecasting professional education systems of large regions due to the development of the regional economy for a long-term period;
● Theoretical justification of flexible, multi-stage, geographically-dispersed model of classical university under the conditions of Russian society transformation;
● Interdisciplinary approach to the problems of educational services market, providing financial stability, property and taxation of universities;
● Economical aspects of distant learning development;
● The history of charity in Russia analysis, problems of formation and using funds of universities special funds;
● Development of monitoring methods of universities financial position, diversification of their budgets.
Awards and Acknowledgment
● Order “For Merit to the Fatherland” of the IV degree (2001);
● Order of Honour (2009);
● Medal “For exploitation of interior part of the Earth and development of the oil and gas industry of West Siberia”;
● Medal of K.D. Ushinskiy;
● Order of the M.V. Lomonosov National Public Awards Committee (2006);
● Silver medal of Pitirim Sorockin (2008);
● Honoured Scientist of the Russian Federation (1997);
● Honorary Citizen of Tyumen (1999);
● Honorary Doctor of Social Sciences of the Wolverhampton University (Great Britain, 1996);
● Honoured Scientist of the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug (2003);
● Honorary Worker of Science and Education of the Tyumen Region (2005);
● Honorary Doctor of the Daugavpils University (Latvia, 2011);
● Honorary Doctor of the Adygea State University (2013).
Kutsev’s field of research includes socio economic problems of professional education in circumstances of globalization and the modern information explosion.
He also manages scientific teams in the field of educational development in the Yamalo-Nents and Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrugs and the Tyumen Region: “Personnel 2000”, “Personnel 2010”, “The Concept of Professional Education Development of the Tyumen Region until 2020”.
Furthermore, he has prepared 44 Philosophy Doctors and 10 Doctors of Science and has authored more than 230 academic works.
In 1999, Dr. Kutsev was nominated as a candidate for deputy for the State Duma of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation within the list of the federal election committee “NDR,” but did not enter the Duma.
From December 2001 to March 2007, he served as the deputy of the third Tyumen Regional Duma, member of the standing committee in field of social issues. As the initiator of the development and the enactment of the law on “Ecological education of the Tyumen Region Population” (2004), he drafted a bill titled “Charity Activity in the Tyumen Region” (2012), etc.
Tyumen, Volodarskogo Str., 6, room 215.