Buddy ProgramUTMN provides international students with the assistance of Buddies — local students who provide full assistance in the process of adapting to the academic environment at UTMN and Russian life in general.
On the day of arrival, the Buddy will meet the international student at the airport (or at the railway), help to get settled into the dormitory and lead an excursion around the campus. During the first year of their studies, the international students may count on their Buddies and them Buddies any questions.
• Welcome new students and scholars to the university
• Facilitate small group meetings
• Serve as a role model and mentor
• Provide newcomers with perspective on the university student experience
• Facilitate entertainment programs during select orientation programs
• Lead campus tours
• Attend & fully participate in staff training
• General administrative duties, including assisting presenters, check in and program duties
• Strong communication skills, patience and professionalism are essential
• Ability to work well as a team
• Display an awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusivity
• Be highly motivated and have strong leadership skills
• Be willing to step outside comfort zone and try new experiences
Download Buddy Checklist
Interested in being a Buddy? Join the team!