Fostering intercultural dialogue is one of the priority topics for the University of Tyumen and the Tyumen Regional Government. Since September 2008 in addition to existing extra-curricular activities a region-wide programme called Intercultural Dialogue has been launched. Its aim is to design and implement extra-curricular projects that integrate intercultural dimension into education. The key actors in achieving the goals of our internationalization strategy are the student affairs department of the University of Tyumen, academic departments, Tyumen Section of UNA-Russia, and the Government of Tyumen Region. They form an effective alliance for providing co-curricular and extra-curricular intercultural options for youth.
Among them are annual projects such as
- Tyumen International Model UN
- Information Programmes in New York, Vienna and Geneva UN offices
- Global Classroom as a series of presentations done by international students in the Tyumen region high schools (see Photo reports from the Youth Exchange in Ishim and Tobolsk)
- Tyumen Student Explores the World (an essay, photo and video competition on intercultural experience)
- Tyumen Greeter (a project of welcoming international guests in Tyumen)