Tel.: 007 3452 59 74 00, Ext. 17134
Office 407, 25 Lenina St., Tyumen
Postal address: 625003, 6 Volodarskogo st., Tyumen
Areas of research:
Optical microfluidics – manipulation of microvolumes of liquids using laser radiation (dosage, transportation, mixing and separation of liquid microdroplets)
Numerical modelling of microflows and heat and mass transfer processes in thin films of complex liquids under local laser radiation
Development of devices for the integrated study of photo-induced capillary effect
Laser diagnostics of liquids and solid materials
Methods of non-destructive inspection of hidden defects in solid materials
Spreading and wetting of aqueous solutions of surfactants on hydrophobic surfaces
PhD in Physics and Mathematics, senior researcher
areas of research: Marangoni convection in thin films and droplets, development of methods and devices for laser diagnostics of matter and methods for manipulation of small volumes of liquids
4th year PhD student, junior research fellow
areas of research: development of adaptive optics elements on the basis of microfluidics
3nd year PhD student, junior research fellow
areas of research: the effects of micro- and nanoparticles self-assembly in films of colloidal solutions
3nd year PhD student, junior research fellow
areas of research: convective flows in multilayer systems, instabilities in thin films
2st year PhD student, junior research fellow
areas of research: evaporation of droplets on thin films, non-coalescence of droplets, Hydrodynamic Bell’s experiment
Removal of residual micro/nano-particles and droplets of suspensions from solid surfaces for experiments in microgravity. “Convection and Interfacial Mass Exchange”, ESA, ELIPS-4. 2015-2019. Co-director of the project: Prof. Pierre Colinet, Free University of Brussels, Belgium
"Non-classical problems of the thermocapillary convection in the two-layer systems", 2017-2019 (grant of the Russian Foundation for Basic Research No. 17-08-00291 A). Head of the project: Olga Goncharova, Altai State University
"Development of adaptive photonics and optics elements controlled by Marangoni forces", 2018-2019 (grant of the Russian Foundation for Basic Research No. 18-31-00231 mol_a). Head of the project: Nikolay Kubochkin
Research internship: "Investigation of the influence of temperature and humidity on evaporation of droplets on different surfaces" in Technical University of Darmstadt, Germany, 2018-2019, (scholarship program of the German Academic Exchange Service DAAD). Project advisor: Apl. Prof. Tatiana Gambaryan-Roisman, scholar: Nikolay Kubochkin
Development of methods for the removal of nanoparticles from surfaces of arbitrary shape and texture for experimental applications in conditions of microgravity. RFBR (Russia) - the Royal Society (UK), 2014-2015, co-director of the project: Prof. Victor Starov, Loughborough University, UK
News about the laboratory:
UTMN scientists develop a smart lens
UTMN postgraduate students take part in the conference “Thermophysics and Physical Hydrodynamics”
UTMN attracts international students
Alumnus of the Global Education Program continues his research at UTMN
A liquid lens by UTMN scientists suitable for use in Lab-on-a-Chip production
UTMN doctoral students develop adaptive fluidic elements
UTMN researchers unveil a non-contact method of capturing and transferring micro- and nanoparticles
Space technologies of University of Tyumen
Presentation of the University of Tyumen's Competitiveness Program
Articles by UTMN researchers published in the top academic journals
Project 1: Research and Development of New Non-Destructive Laser Diagnostics Methods for Soft and Liguid Materials as well as for Biological Tissues, Based on Laser-Induced Thermocapillary Effects
Project 2: Optofluidics
Most significant publications:
- D.S. Klyuev, V.M. Fliagin, M. Al-Muzaiqer, N.A. Ivanova. Laser-actuated optofluidic diaphragm capable of optical signal tracking. Applied Physics Letters. 114. 011602. 10.1063/1.5063961 (2019).
- N.S. Kubochkin, A.V. Tatosov, M. Al-Muzaiqer, N.A. Ivanova. Detachment of particles from surfaces by thermocapillary flows induced by a moving laser beam. Journal of Adhesion Science and Technology. 1-19. 10.1080/01694243.2019.1611007 (2019).
- N.S. Kubochkin, N.A. Ivanova. Droplet Shape and Wetting Behavior under Influence of Cyclically Changing Humidity. Langmuir. 35. 10.1021/acs.langmuir.9b00159 (2019).
- A.Yu Malyuk, N.A. Ivanova. Varifocal liquid lens actuated by laser-induced thermal Marangoni forces. Appl. Phys. Lett., 112, 103701 (2018).
- A.Yu. Zykov, N.A. Ivanova. Laser-induced thermocapillary convection in thin liquid layers: effect of thermal conductivity of substrates. Appl. Phys. B 123:235, pp.1-7 (2017).
- O.A. Tarasov, N.A. Tarasova, N.A. Ivanova. Mixing of vaporizing droplets on liquid substrates caused by festoon instability. Tech. Phys. Lett. 43(9), 800-803 (2017).
- B.A. Bezuglyi, N.A. Ivanova and L.V. Sizova. Transport phenomena and dimensionless numbers: towards a new methodological approach. Eur. J. Phys. 38, 033001 (2017).
- A. Yu. Malyuk, N.A. Ivanova. Optofluidic lens actuated by laser-induced solutocapillary forces. Optics Communications. 392, 123-127 (2017).
- N.A. Ivanova, N.S. Kubochkin, V.M. Starov. Wetting of hydrophobic substrates by pure surfactants at continuously increasing humidity. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, 519, 71-77 (2017).
- K.A. Tatosova, A.Yu. Malyuk, N.A. Ivanova. Droplet formation caused by laser-induced surface-tension-driven flows in binary liquid mixtures. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, 521, 22-29 (2017).
- N. Ivanova, V.M. Starov, A. Trybala, V.M. Flyagin. Removal of micrometer size particles from surfaces using laser-induced thermocapillary flow: experimental results. Journal of Colloids and Interface Sci. 473, 120-125 (2016).
- N. A. Ivanova, N. M. Kovalchuk, V. D. Sobolev and V. M. Starov. Wetting films of aqueous solutions of Silwet L-77 on a hydrophobic surface. Soft Matter, 12(1), 26-30 (2016).
- F.M. Mahdi, T.E. Record, C.A. Amadi, F.O. Emmanuel, N. Ivanova, A. Trybala, V.M. Starov. Removal of submicron particles from solid surfaces using surfactants. Colloids and Interface Science Communications, 6, 13-16 (2015).
- N.A. Ivanova, A.V. Tatosov, B.A. Bezuglyi. Laser-induced capillary effect in thin layers of water-alcohol mixtures. Eur. Phys. J. E. 38(6), 60 (2015).
- Natalia Ivanova and V.M. Starov. Wetting and Spreading by Aqueous Surfactant Solutions. In: Surfactant Science and Technology: Retrospects and Prospects. Ed.: Lawrence Romsted, CRC Press, Boca Raton, 2014, p. 171-192.
- Kovalchuk N.M., Trybala A., Starov V.M., Matar O., Ivanova N.A. Fluoro- vs hydrocarbon surfactants: why do they differ in wetting performance? Advances in Colloid and Interface Science. 210, 65-71 (2014).