About University of TyumenUniversity of Tyumen is one of the most rapidly developing universities in Russia
Our mission: to train personnel able to design new professional activities, transform the social environment, and create effective businesses in the context of global competition.
Our strategy: to create a new-generation university through the reorganization of its human resources policy, its core assets (educational, research, innovative) and institutional environment, and by means of comprehensive upgrading of infrastructure.
Our advantages: 1) high level of living standards in the city (ranks No. 8 in Russia); 2) low unemployment rate for economically active population (5.1%); 3) one of the highest levels of average salary in the country (56,841 rub.); 4) high level of safety for foreigners.
University of Tyumen is one of the largest universities in Russia and one of the leading universities of the Tyumen region. It counts more than 27,000 students, around 1,900 of whom come from other countries. The University offers Bachelor of Science, Master of Science and Postgraduate degrees including 175 academic majors. Furthermore, it offers 4 courses of Joint diploma in Law and Economics in cooperation with the Universities of Lorraine (Metz, France), Nordland (Bodo, Norway), Estonia (Tallinn) and Wolverhampton (United Kingdom), one more programme is being developed. Teaching at the University stands out thanks to its highly skilled specialists, 1200 professors and lecturers, 70% of whom have doctoral degrees.
The UTMN's present promising role in the development of Russia, the region and the economic sector can be summed up as follows: 1) creation of environment for training of world-level professionals for leading Russian companies, working in exploration, production, transportation and processing of raw hydrocarbons; 2) center for development and approval of advanced technologies in social areas and liberal arts; 3) testing ground for reorganization of a regional university into the University of a new generation, competitive among global educational and research centers.
Nowadays, in cooperation with the leading Russian and foreign enterprises and organizations, UTMN has developed the Polytechnic School Project. The main aim of the recently opened School is to train highly-qualified staff possessing expertise in the field of technology. Not only UTMN, but also enterprises and organizations within the technological field take part in the academic process. So far, the Polytechnic School has received about 60 applications. 26 applicants have become students taking part in the academic programme "Digital Oilfield".
UTMN has a campus located in the historical part of the city, consisting of 12 educational and laboratory buildings, a Technology park, Information and Library centre, publishing house, medical unit, centre of University feeding, 4 centres for field practice and recreation, two of which are situated at the Black Sea cost (in the Tuapse region of Krasnodar krai) and on the Lake Baikal (Republic of Buryatia); 4 student hostels.
The UTMN Institutes:
- Institute of Finance and Economics
- Institute of State and Law
- Institute of History and Political Sciences
- Institute of Mathematics and Computer Sciences
- Institute of Physics and Technology
- Institute of Chemistry
- Institute of Philology and Journalism
- Institute of Earth Sciences
- Institute of Biology
- Institute of Psychology and Pedagogical Sciences
- Institute of Physical Education
- Institute of Distance Education
- Regional Institute for International Cooperation
The UTMN Regional Branches:
- P.P. Yershov Ishim Pedagogical Instute
- Nizhnevartovsk Institute of Economics and Law
- Noyabrsk Institute of Humanities and Ecology
- D.I. Mendeleev Tobolsk Pedagogical Institute
- Surgut Institute of Economics, Management and Law
- Nadym Branch
- Zavodoukovsk Branch
- Novyi Urengoi Branch
- Environmental research stations in Western Siberia, the Black Sea coast of Russia and at Lake Baikal
- Business Incubator
- Technology Transfer Centre
- Research Frontiers: Laboratories and centers of excellence
- High-performance Computing Centre
- «Mendeleev» Supercomputer
- Information and Library Centre with reading halls and library fund of 2,1 millions books
- «Eurasion» educational TV and radio channel
- Publishing House
- School for Gifted Children
- UTMN Academic Lyceum
- Centre for Adaptation and Testing (Russian language certification)
UTMN offers to its students, guests and visiting professors accommodation in 4 comfortable halls of residence, located in the historical centre of Tyumen. There are single-, double, - triple rooms, in-apartment kitchen, en-suite bathroom, Wi-Fi and lounge rooms. All rooms come fully furnished with everything needed to make them conducive to studying and comfortable for living.
University of Tyumen actively participates in the Association of the World Universities, such as the University of the Arctic Association (since 2009). The goal of the association is to create a strong, sustainable circumpolar region by empowering northerners and northern communities through education and shared knowledge. Besides that, UTMN joined the university administration of the Network BRICS University. It is an educational consortium of leading universities from Brazil, Russia, India, China and RSA that offers common educational and research space for the members of this international organization.
Every year UTMN hosts about 100 international students and interns on different exchange programmes. In addition, international students can learn the Russian language at the Preparatory Department and take part in the Multidisciplinary Summer School.
Main International Projects implemented in cooperation with foreign partners:
• TEMPUS (programme of the European Union)
• SASCHA (Sustainable land management and adaptation strategies to climate change for the Western Siberian Grain Belt, Germany);
• Russia-USA project;
• Federal Target Programme run by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation
University of Tyumen
6 Volodarskogo St.
Rector of UTMN
UTMN International Office
Phone/fax: 007 (3452) 45-53-69